May 17, 2013
Keeping a dream diary is an essential tool on the healing journey, as it is the most economical method of psychotherapy available. Sometimes there are also valuable clues to physical healing, as described in the May 2013 Let Magic Happen Newsletter, Cancer Dream Diagnosis. There are many dictionaries of dream symbols, but it helps to take a multidimensional approach to interpretation. The most useful model I’ve found is described in Healing Dreams by Marc Ian Barasch. In the 7 minute video below I offer two of my dreams as examples.
The interpretation steps are as follows:
1) Set your intention to remember your dreams by placing a dream diary, a pen, and a flashlight right next to your bed and within easy reach.
2) Ask a question you would like to have answered in your dreams. Add the intention that it be easy to understand and interpret.
3) Let go of expectations and surrender your left-brain concerns of the day as you float into the right-brain world of dreams.
4) If a dream awakens you in the middle of the night, it is likely bringing you an important message. Write it down immediately.
5) First thing in the morning, even before you get out of bed, write down all the dreams you remember. Don’t do anything else until you have done this.
6) Circle any words that seem to be unusual or out of place and look them up in a dictionary to check for word play or unexpected puns related to your question.
7) Consider the dream from the personal, shadow, warning, sexual, social, archetypal, synchronistic, and precognitive perspectives.
8) Check for any recurrent theme from past dreams and pay attention to any animals that visited you in the dream world.
9) Finally ask yourself, What does the dream want? Seriously consider the possibility that the spirit world may have a question it wants you to answer in return.
10) Sharing the dream with someone who can provide candid feedback may provide a fresh perspective and additional insight.
Dec 20, 2022
POSTED BY Larry Burk
I was noticing daily bouts of palpitations associated with mild nausea where I could feel my pulse racing at twice the normal speed. A repeat Holter monitor showed one episode of life-threatening VTach which got me a prescription for a beta blocker. Never having taken any drugs other than antibiotics before, it was an unusual experience. My resting heart rate immediately dropped from 60 to 50, my chronically cold hands and feet got warmer, and my wife noted that my personality was flat.
I embarked on a journey of self-healing exploring every possible natural option beginning with learning to increase my heart rate variability using the Inner Balance Coherence Sensor and App from HeartMath which has been shown to decrease arrhythmias. Cardiac herbs Hawthorn and Arjuna were added to my daily supplements along with homeopathic Digitalis and Aurum Arsenicum as recommended in homeopath Joette Calabrese’s blog My Dad and the Dead Cardiologists.
If you would like to learn more about these holistic approaches, I offer free 20-minute phone coaching consults to assess the emotional state of your heart. Read about the experience of one of my coaching clients in the Holistic Healing for Heart Arrythmias blog.
Part 1 & Part 2 free videos
Part 3 - Using EFT & Imagery Experiential group exercise
22 min. edited High-Def video $4.99 in Let Magic Happen Store.
Articles, blog, videos & news